Labels

Friday 17 August 2012

Layout options





These show sketches of how the panels could flow across, from structure to noise. Originally I wanted to go with an original large snowflakes, made or smaller ones, which then broke into noise. However this didn't imitate or reference the way that natural snow moved and I wanted to relate to it in some way.

I then thought of the different ways i could adapt this, shown in my notes to the left.
    

Here I developed the different approaches once I had decided to make the snowflakes float across the page as opposed to the original idea of coming from and original point.

The first idea shows the original large snowflake which then was blown across the page by wind. This mimicked the way that real snow would act, but as the individual snowflakes would hardly show the curve of the wind because they would be spaced out, I decided it would just seem too random.

In the second idea I originated from the large snowflake, but then moved the flakes across the page more naturally. This idea seemed to flow well apart from the disjointed first two panels. I chose this to develop.


The last idea skewed away from a large snowflake and veered towards the idea of medium sized snowflakes made up of the small ones which then broke apart and floated across the screen. However this still seemed too disjointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment