Labels

Tuesday 21 August 2012

Colours

Originally I thought that I would go with warmer colours to contrast the usual notions that come with seeing snow. I had planned to go with a warm orange colour to show how some people feel when it snows and how it can be a joyous occassion. However I felt that in the flow of the project, a light ice blue ended up looking more effective as it suited the natural, gentle flow of the snowflakes. I also added an opacity so that the more the snowflakes clumped, the darker the colours became. This creates a realism that relates the image back to real snow fall. Originally I had a darker blue but I felt that this created too much focus on where the snowflakes clump together and worked better with a slightly transparent colour. Also, when the snowflakes merged/overlapped together a fuzziness could be seen which mimics how snow seems soft when it falls together, but when examined by its self it is actually a hard, defined structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment