Labels

Sunday 7 October 2012

Coding the stalks


These are individual stalks which I coded to decide which would give the best effect when multiplied and placed together.

Because stalks of grass, such as the one above, sprout many blades from one place I will try to emulate this in my code. Therefore I will discount the first stalk which I coded as it is too simple and more blades will represent a more realistic view.

As for the second stalk of grass, it is quite spread out and when made to grow by the user, could end up being too spread out to represent grass.

The last stalk shows many blades, but a lot closer together and also overlapping at the base. This represents the cluseters and darker parts which can be seen in the above photo. Also, when it grows it will still be confined within a smaller space, mimicking real grass growth.

For these reasons I choose the last stalk to develop



No comments:

Post a Comment